MONDAY: beginner-friendly trail run, no one gets left behind
- 6pm in Shawnee Mission Park.
- 2.5 and 4.5 mile options on the mountain bike trails
- Runs are female-led, with all people and paces welcome.
- No one gets left behind. A veteran runner with trail familiarity will always be the in the back of the group.
Rain Out: Due to wet conditions trails occasionally close. Those nights we meet at shelter 8 to run the south shore “dog park” trails instead. Prepare for muddy trails and water crossings those nights.
***In 2018 the dog park trails will be undergoing renovation. This will change rain out policy. When that happens we will post the new rain out policy here.
Updates are posted each Monday on our Facebook page, or you can check trail status here by looking for SMP.
- 12 noon meeting at Second Best Coffee.
- run on the Trolley Trail
- an independent out and back where you choose the mileage, or coordinate as a group
- Sign in and out at Second Best so the run leader knows you safely made it back.
- Feel free to use the restrooms at the shop to change in.
- 15% off food and drinks for runners afterwards.
SATURDAY LONG RUNS:
- 7am at rotating locations
- A leader will be there at the beginning of the run to help anyone understand the map and mileage.
- Runners are responsible for themselves during the run, including nutrition, hydration, and navigation.
- If you are looking for a running partner, feel free to post on the FB feed to see if anyone is looking to run with someone.
Rain Out: Check the FB page or email Mudbabemonday@gmail.com for location changes.